Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blessing Basket...

Stephanie Burkhart's A Polish Heart is a sweet romance was interesting, and held together from beginning to end. Darrin and Sofia are perfect for each other. I finished feeling satisfied and uplifted. I also decided I wanted to make my own Blessing Basket for Easter, this year.

I'm not Catholic or Slovak, but I enjoyed the Easter Basket as a child, and have missed it as an adult. It was something special to physically mark the significance of the day. I also wanted to be able to create something to help me create a deeper intentional celebration of the Fulfilling of Jesus Christ's mission on earth.

Last Monday, I decided I'd do my homework, to learn what I needed to start a new tradition. "Ask and ye shall receive." Tiffany Aller, Yahoo! Contributor Network, wrote and posted an article titled The Blessing of the Baskets: A Catholic (Slovak) Easter Tradition. I checked the links included, and they don't work, just so you know.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-blessing-baskets-catholic-slovak-easter-tradition-243986.html

Then I found another link:

http://saindy.com/easter-baskets/

For myself, so far, I've gathered a little wooly lamb (stuffed animal), a vanilla candle, a Dove Fairy Bunny, an Easter Egg plate (since I'm allergic to eggs), bacon, basket with ribbons and bows, salt, and butter. I still need to add bread and cheese, and I'm thinking maybe a sparkling "wine" and maybe chocolate eggs. Chocolate is always good. :-)

I finished Second Chance Match by Arlene James, a Chatam House series book, and loved it! I love the whole series. Arlene James is on my must read list.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate is always good. What a delightful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

My lack of trust for the official news is not new. It started way back in the 1980s. Yep, WAY BACK. Several events occurred, some I witnesse...