Thursday, May 17, 2012

Week Forty-Seven of REAL...

Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S: http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. This week, I try to increase my reps. I've worked up to 25.

The 11th: weigh in: 232.8 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep.

The 12th: weigh in: 231.8 lb. Wow... Since my sister was out of town, I would be going for my morning walk alone. I not only didn't wake up early, I didn't wake up until almost noon. Too warm to go walking, but physical therapy still needs to be done. Done.

The 13th: weigh in: 232.2 lb. I have to catch up on my sleep, or figure out what has me sleeping so much.

The 14th: weigh in: 232.4 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. Fat cried, today. Whoohoo!

The 15th: weigh in: 231.4 lb. One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with two-lb weights. I hate when this happens: My nose is runny. My eyes are itchy. I'm miserable. For most of the evening. Finally, the lightbulb goes off in my head: Allergy medicine. Wow. What a difference it makes.

The 16th: weigh in: 232.2 lb. SEAL puppy rep. Two-mile walk. SEAL puppy rep. The fat is crying. Whoohoo! I ended up with only three hours of sleep last night. I plan on a nap, today. Editing is like Lays potato chips; you can't stop at just one. One more chapter. Just one more.

The 17th: weigh in: 230.4 lb. Waist circumference: 29". One-mile walk. Physical therapy, with 2-lb weights. Allergy season is upon us. It explains my difficulty with staying awake. I'm not sleeping as well. I'm finding the short nights, with a nap during the day, working out. I'm on schedule for my editing, which also helps. I'm also discovering I'm enjoying the positive visualization. And I'm really having fun making my fat sweat. :-D

Inspiration, at least to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

What kind of insanity demands buying an electric car and not using A/C during summer to ease the burden on the electric grid? Please, trying...