Monday, October 7, 2024

Rings of Power Season 2 Episodes 6

Gaslighting is insidious and evil. Considering all the times it was used on me, I dislike it exceedingly, which is appropriate for the character Sauron. I'm mystified by how people don't see it, but then I learned the lessons the hard way. Galadriel is among the wisest but is treated like she's stupid and too often acts that way, which fits the current writers but not the original character. Bombadil still reminds me too much of Hagrid. And "The Stranger" annoys me because he seems to be a shadow of Gandalf, but the story is all wrong if it's Gandalf, unless they've created a wizard for their own purposes. Quoting Tolkien out of context and so very un-Tom-like, gloomy instead of merry. The Balrog or at least a hint. What I disliked from the beginning: By and large, the women are strong and the men are weak. Tolkien created strong men and women. "Faith is not faith if it is not lived." Well done. Good enough to keep me watching, out of curiosity if nothing else. Ugh: orc are NOT peaceful! Some were elves once but tortured beyond their original nature forever unable to return to what they were. Tolkien recognized that as long as good remained there was hope, but if all good was gone, then evil must be destroyed. Still love the music most.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

136.   The Secret Baby Rescue (Texas Hotline Series Book 2)   by Jo Grafford  romance. While each story is complete for the central couple, ...