Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week Eighty-Three of REAL...


Reminders: REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:http://navyseal.s5.com/requirements.html

RIght up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. I've worked up to 33 and working at slowing it down.

PT ~ Physical therapy.
UBE ~ Upper body exercises
BD ~ Belly Dancing

The 18th: PT. SEALp. 2-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UBE. BD. Bingeing on the eating. Not good.

The 19th: 2-mile walk. PT. BD. Oh. That explains the bingeing. *grumblegrumblegrumble*

The 20th: Rest. Sleep is essential. It's when your body repairs itself. When you have nightmares, the last thing you want is sleep. One aspect of this year's plan for changing is to create a healthier body. To do so, I need sleep. Last Tuesday, after a nightmare the previous weekend, I "stumbled" upon an aromatherapy stuffed animal (dog) in the grocery store. I felt impressed to buy it and did. I'm not sleeping through the night, but I'm able to easily go back to sleep. The dreams haven't stopped, but so far I haven't been overly bothered by them either. I don't know what all essential oils have been used, but I'm certain lavender is one of them. I've tried sleeping with other stuffed animals, but they usually end up pushed away. So far, every morning, I wake up with my little dog still wrapped in my arms.

The 21st: PT. SEALp. 1-mile walk. SEALp. PT. UBE. BD.

The 22nd: PT. BD.

The 23rd: PT. SEALp. 4+ mile walk. SEALp. PT. UBE. BD.

The 24th: PT. BD

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:



No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

46 . Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL's True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and the Ultimate Sacrifice   by  Brandon Webb with John David M...