Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year... new changes...

Yesterday, I shorted my 2-mile walk to 1 mile. I woke to an odd dream of some guy attempting to dissuade me from my walk. I had a bad feeling about it. I headed out and noted a man crossing the street to my side. I think he meant to catch the bus, which he missed by minutes. However, I wasn't willing to bet my life on it. I'd completed a half mile. I kept thinking of the dream. A mile was good. I completed all my other exercises. It's been a while since I've done that.

Exercise is a huge part of taking care of me. I hate when I tell myself to make it a priority. I know it's all word games. Eh-hem... yeah, I specialize in those. I'm allowing myself to simply be who I am. So how do I manage to exercise on a regular basis? I need a routine. I'm not awake enough first thing in the morning. Exercise gives my brain time to wake up. It works for me.

I'm doing better at eating as well. Much faster turn around after the holidays than I usually have. The gift to myself is to not eat eggs alone. Could that simple decision really be so significant? Or is it simply one of many small ones growing into something hugely amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

What kind of insanity demands buying an electric car and not using A/C during summer to ease the burden on the electric grid? Please, trying...