Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week Thirteen of REAL...

Reduce stress
Exercise
Adequate sleep
Lower caloric intake

The 16th: weigh in: 239.2 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, without weights. I am choosing to be healthy.

The 17th: weigh in: 238.4 lb. Two SEAL puppy reps. Two-mile walk. Trimming back bushes. Physical therapy with 1-lb weights. I don't need to hide behind my weight anymore.

The 18th: weigh in: 237.6 lb. I'm learning to be healthy. I don't need to hide behind my weight.

The 19th: weigh in: 236.8 lb. I am healthy. I don't need to hide. One-mile walk. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy with 1-lb weights. Two more SEAL puppy reps.

The 20th: weigh in 238 lb. Four weeks since I messed up my shoulder. It seems to be back to normal. Whew. Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy without weights.

The 21st: weigh in: 238.6 lb. Two SEAL pup reps (10 boy-pushups, crunches, flutter kicks). One-mile walk, for speed. Two SEAL puppy reps (10 girl-pushups, crunches, flutter kicks). I confess that my boy-pushups aren't very deep (less than an inch), but I'm impressed I can hold the position at all. I'll work on it. Why do I not jog? The herniated disk in my back means as little bouncing as possible, please. Physical therapy, with 1-lb weights.

The 22nd: weigh in: 238.4 lb. Waist circumference: 40". Two SEAL puppy reps. Physical therapy, without weights. I'm trying regular milk, again. I went to lactose-free milk when I was struggling with my food allergies. I hadn't yet figured out how truly allergic I am to bran. Now that I'm pretty much bran free, I want to see how I do with milk. Why? $3.79 per 1/2 gallon versus $1.99 per 1/2 gallon.

Tomorrow, I'll be sharing one of my inspirations for sticking with REAL. As a heads up, over at FB, I'm a harem member, and Friday is our post a favorite picture day on your wall day. So, here at my own blog, it will be Jimmy Thomas Friday. I thought about posting it, today. In fact, that was the original plan, but I changed my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Judy ~ This is so AWESOME!! I am so proud of you...keep up the good work!! I am going to be taking some time off from the blog world....hopefully I will be back around. I will miss your lovely, fun posts, but I know you will keep on progressing.....because you have Jesus as your strength!! Much, much love ~ alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ((Alice)) I'll keep you in my prayers and my eyes open for you.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

What kind of insanity demands buying an electric car and not using A/C during summer to ease the burden on the electric grid? Please, trying...