Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reading list of late...

I've read a bunch of authors, who are now on my "no" list, for various reasons. Bad editing, i.e., lots of typos and continuity problems, annoys me. I don't want to work when I read. I'm reading to take a break from work. Several of the writers ended up on my "no" list because frankly their characters drove me crazy. I wanted to shake them and tell them any of a number of things I can't print here. I really shouldn't think it either, but I'm not perfect. I'm working on it. Anyway, several ended up on the "no" list because their "villains" were narcissists and magically came around in the end, if not perfectly at least enough for an HEA (Happily Ever After). It wasn't so bad I tore up the books, which I have done, but bad enough I'll never read books by the author again.

After all the garbage, I needed to remind myself why I want to be a writer. I unearthed Anne Gracie's Perfect series. Because I like Diane Gaston/Perkins, Amazon recommended Anne Gracie. It worked. I love Anne Gracie, too. I finished the first book, The Perfect Rake, this weekend and started the second book, The Perfect Waltz. There are four in all. Anne's humor is dry and clever. I laugh thinking about some of the scenes. Her stories have a steamy scene or two. There is a lot of tension between the hero and heroine.

I started writing because I wanted Anne's, Diane's, and Elizabeth Rolls' type books with a Christian twist. When I need inspiration or a reminder why I want to write, all I need to do is pick up one of their books. I'm not sure I'll ever make it into their circle, but they are my inspiration. I want to be more like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

46 . Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL's True Story of Friendship, Heroism, and the Ultimate Sacrifice   by  Brandon Webb with John David M...