Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Storms...

I do not find storms restful... on so many levels.

My sleeping is atrocious. I'm too wound up wondering when the next storm will hit. I hate being this jumpy. The hazards of having the processor in your computer blown up and the cable modem fried by a lightning strike less than a half mile from home. *shiver* I remember it like it was yesterday, even though it's been almost ten years.

This blog was great for starting out. It's evolved over the years. I think it needs to evolve again. I don't know. I've been saying that a lot lately. I like the consistent posts, but some days I simply don't have much to say, and I feel like I'm wasting my readers' time. Maybe I need to cut some days out, or maybe a day a week. My OCD is screaming already. LOL!

I finished Kathryn Springer's Mirror Lake series. She's one of my favorite inspirational writers.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that! It was pretty traumatic, wasn't it? Was that when I was having computer virus problems in Pakistan at the same time, and we were commiserating with each other from across the globe? Or was that a different computer problem we were working through? Anyway, it was definitely traumatic for you!

    Is there a simple way for you to unhook the cable and unplug your computer at night so that if there is a storm, you can at least know your computer is not at risk from an electrical surge? We do that with our electronic equipment, as we also had issues once with lightening -- it just took out our surge suppressor rather than our whole computer, but it made us cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you were in Pakistan, at the time. Memories... :-D

      Yes, I could unhook and unplug and have done so. I do when the storms are bad, but it means I'm not able to accomplish much. I'm saving up for a laptop so I can protect my desk computer during a storm but keep working.

      Delete

Brain Dump

What kind of insanity demands buying an electric car and not using A/C during summer to ease the burden on the electric grid? Please, trying...