Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Storms...

I do not find storms restful... on so many levels.

My sleeping is atrocious. I'm too wound up wondering when the next storm will hit. I hate being this jumpy. The hazards of having the processor in your computer blown up and the cable modem fried by a lightning strike less than a half mile from home. *shiver* I remember it like it was yesterday, even though it's been almost ten years.

This blog was great for starting out. It's evolved over the years. I think it needs to evolve again. I don't know. I've been saying that a lot lately. I like the consistent posts, but some days I simply don't have much to say, and I feel like I'm wasting my readers' time. Maybe I need to cut some days out, or maybe a day a week. My OCD is screaming already. LOL!

I finished Kathryn Springer's Mirror Lake series. She's one of my favorite inspirational writers.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that! It was pretty traumatic, wasn't it? Was that when I was having computer virus problems in Pakistan at the same time, and we were commiserating with each other from across the globe? Or was that a different computer problem we were working through? Anyway, it was definitely traumatic for you!

    Is there a simple way for you to unhook the cable and unplug your computer at night so that if there is a storm, you can at least know your computer is not at risk from an electrical surge? We do that with our electronic equipment, as we also had issues once with lightening -- it just took out our surge suppressor rather than our whole computer, but it made us cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you were in Pakistan, at the time. Memories... :-D

      Yes, I could unhook and unplug and have done so. I do when the storms are bad, but it means I'm not able to accomplish much. I'm saving up for a laptop so I can protect my desk computer during a storm but keep working.

      Delete

Brain Dump

My lack of trust for the official news is not new. It started way back in the 1980s. Yep, WAY BACK. Several events occurred, some I witnesse...