Monday, January 10, 2011

Carpe diem... Reading list #31

My first day working in an office (other than my home office), in over 16 years, turned out all right. It ended up being 2-1/2 hours, not 6, for which I was grateful. The work will be sporadic, but at least it's work. I'm grateful for it. It does leave me unsettled and out of sorts. It's all very odd and uncomfortable. Why? I do not know.

The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance is an anthology or collection of stories. My favorite, and the reason I bought the book, was Sandy Blair's "Her MacKinnon," followed by Anne Gracie's "The Laird's Vow," a pleasant surprise to find. I also enjoyed Connie Brockway's "The Laird's French Bride," a new writer to me, so I ordered one of her books. Chatam House series books two and three by Arlene James. The Huxtables series books one and two by Mary Balogh. I'm saving books three and four for closer to the release of book five. And the Matchmaking Mamas series one through four by Marie Ferrarella.

4 comments:

  1. Oops... yes, and no. I did mention that I was offered occasional part-time work, but I failed to mention it's in the doctor's office. Well, now you know. :-) I'll be going in again on Thursday, for a few hours. It would be good to be more consistent, and yet, I'm feeling like I've swallowed a hive of bees. I know change is good. It's also scary. I'm excited for your changes, Kathy, but not so much for mine. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Teach me to not check the blogs for a couple of days..... Can't wait to talk to you and find out the details...

    ReplyDelete

REAL Apr 22-27

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake A couple 1-mile walks. With the weather warming up, walks in the m...