Wednesday, August 19, 2026

TBR 2026

76. Reflections on Life 1 by Staci Stallings nonfiction. Short essays of inspiration and encouragement by one of my favorite authors. 

77. When God Doesn't Fix It by Laura Story nonfiction Christian inspirational. Laura Story (Elvington) shares her journey with her husband Martin, more particularly from his diagnosis of a brain tumor, surgery, and beyond. She talks about the Mythes and the Truths. She wrote "Indescribable" and "Blessings" and "I Can Just Be Me." Inspiring, uplifting, encouraging, especially for those in the midst of trials and tribulations that feel like they never end. Some don't and it isn't because God doesn't love us. He has a different plan than we do, and His plan is always better than our plan.  

78. Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir Science Fiction Adventure. I loved the movie, so a friend gave me the book. I loved it, too. Some things I liked better in the movie, and some things I liked better in the book. The movie is loosely based on the book, but I feel like they enrich each other. There is a little swearing and adult situations in the book that are not in the movie, but it didn't detract from the story; it made sense in context. I'm not a science-y sort, but I did find it interesting. The main characters captured my heart. The end is unexpected and perfect. Happy. Happy. Happy.

79. Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family series Book 1) by Sarah M. Eden Regency romance. Loved it! The movie does it justice. Funny, touching, heartwarming, and so much more. Wonderful characters. Well done retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I only wish I'd read it sooner. Better late than never.

80. Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family series Book 2) by Sarah M. Eden Regency romance. The hero and heroine are introduced in book one. What a joy to read their story. Another delightful story with laughter and love and learning. Looking forward to it being made into a series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2026

76.   Reflections on Life 1  by Staci Stallings nonfiction. Short essays of inspiration and encouragement by one of my favorite authors.  77...