Welcome back to
Holiday, USA, small town America, where nothing happens, except
holidays... and a little romance, if the hero and heroine trust God.
Karen Little is the resident quintessential spinster. She's lived in
the same house her whole life, more than half a century. She knows she's
stuck, but her plans for the future blow up in her face, on a regular
basis. Why risk being wrong again?
After six years, Holiday
Diner's owner, Alexander Hamilton, is still a newbie and Holiday's most
eligible silver fox bachelor. Being the catch of the day for the single
women of Holiday makes his vow to never marry again a challenge. Why
test the three strikes you're out rule?
Sometimes, so much time
passes, it feels like God has forgotten, but He is moving all the pieces
into place for the right moment...
Right up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each. Since my accident I haven't done these, but I'm working to add them back into my routine. Currently, I can't sit on the floor and hope to get up again, so crunches and flutter kicks are on hold, and my pushups are against the wall.
Using 1-lb weights:
PT ~ Physical therapy
UBP ~ Upper body exercises and pushups
SEALFit shared some good hints I want to learn and remember:
Jimmy Thomas is a business man, running a popular romance book cover site, a cover model, personal fitness trainer, and health advisor.Pictures: February 2012 and June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:
16. Found Father by Justine Davis contemporary romance. This had a tougher theme, for me, and yet it was really about redemption. Do I believe people are capable of truly changing and forgiving?
17. Finish First by Scott Hamilton nonfiction inspirational. I starred and underlined something on almost every page. I wouldn't recommend this book to everyone. I think you need to be in the right place in your head to accept his challenges and advice. I was ready, and I'm working to apply what I've learned.
18. Cool Under Fire (Reese series Book 1 of 2) by Justine Davis suspense contemporary romance. This is one of her early books and steamier than later books. Her characters inevitably pull something out of my head, something uncomfortable that I need to face and accept.
19. The Inklings of Oxford: C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Their Friends by Harry Lee Poe nonfiction. Mr. Poe shared highlights of these remarkable men, a couple of my favorite authors. As I read, I wanted to visit the places and discovered Mr. Poe also included written walking tours at the end of the book. Thanks to my dear friend who blessed me with a copy of this delightful book, a keeper.
20. Hunter's Way by Justine Davis contemporary suspense romance. I think this is Justine Davis' first book. It's the first on the lists I checked, anyway. It's fun to see the development of her writing. Her style hasn't changed much over the years, refining, fine-tuning, tightening.