Wednesday, March 14, 2018

TBR

16. Found Father by Justine Davis contemporary romance. This had a tougher theme, for me, and yet it was really about redemption. Do I believe people are capable of truly changing and forgiving?

17. Finish First by Scott Hamilton nonfiction inspirational. I starred and underlined something on almost every page. I wouldn't recommend this book to everyone. I think you need to be in the right place in your head to accept his challenges and advice. I was ready, and I'm working to apply what I've learned.

18. Cool Under Fire (Reese series Book 1 of 2) by Justine Davis suspense contemporary romance. This is one of her early books and steamier than later books. Her characters inevitably pull something out of my head, something uncomfortable that I need to face and accept.

19. The Inklings of Oxford: C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Their Friends by Harry Lee Poe nonfiction. Mr. Poe shared highlights of these remarkable men, a couple of my favorite authors. As I read, I wanted to visit the places and discovered Mr. Poe also included written walking tours at the end of the book. Thanks to my dear friend who blessed me with a copy of this delightful book, a keeper.

20. Hunter's Way by Justine Davis contemporary suspense romance. I think this is Justine Davis' first book. It's the first on the lists I checked, anyway. It's fun to see the development of her writing. Her style hasn't changed much over the years, refining, fine-tuning, tightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...