Saturday, September 2, 2017

Cutting soy

My sister discovered she's allergic to soy. It causes her to have trouble swallowing. Hmmm... I have the same trouble with some foods. It's only been a couple of weeks, and I notice a difference on the days when I eat a lot of foods that contain soy and the days when I manage to mostly avoid soy. It's astonishing how many things contain soy, like Jell-O brand jello is soy free but the generic version contains soy lecithin. Breads contain soybean flour and/or oil. My favorite grocery store bakes a Rustic French Bread that uses sheep's milk and contains no soy. Avoiding two allergies at once. I used to choke eating sandwiches, but it's definitely improved. Who knew? We'll see how it goes long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Mar 11-16

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake This week's bit of extra was a bit of spring cleaning, dusting...