Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Heroes... Anne Aylett Lee and Anne Gaskins Pincard

Anne Aylett was the first wife of Richard Henry Lee. Mrs. Anne Gaskins Pincard was Lee's second wife, two years after Anne Aylett passed away. She was only thirty-five. Both unions were blessed with children. The connectedness of those involved in the revolutionary war is astonishing. Anne Aylett was related to Mrs. Washington. Though little is known of the women themselves, their influence is felt in the husbands they supported and the children they raised.

I think too often the clamoring voices of the world are only willing to praise what they deem successful and noble. They overlook the quiet consistent souls who simply stand in the place to which God has called them, no matter how obscure it may appear to those who don't understand.

It hasn't escaped my notice my own discontent with being ignored or overlooked. Even knowing God is aware of me, a part of me wishes to make more of an impact on the world. I want my life to have counted for something. The weak part of me doesn't want to wait for the end of all things when God reveals all. I pray God humbles my heart without me needing to be slapped down with a 2 x 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...