Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Follow Up 7 June 2016

NASCAR ~ Carl came in 8th! Go Carl!

How'd I do?

I added a little to the Knight in Disguise document. I also did some exploration of the characters, with pen and paper. I didn't accomplish as much as I'd hoped.

I didn't accomplish much reading.

What happened to the day?

I discovered that zucchini becomes too hard to eat without enough water. It may have been the heat. I don't know. I had to cut away the outer quarter-inch layer.

A glass spice container will break a crystal pitcher. I cried. Then I vacuumed up the shards and continued on.

I'm far more stressed than I'm willing to admit, as I couldn't finish my lunch. It was too difficult to swallow. I did better at dinner.

I also discovered that Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment is the best treatment for the funny patch of dry skin on my left hand.

The heat is miserable. I truly don't handle it well. I feel like a limp noodle, and my brain is mush.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the pain of something precious breaking! I remember weeping uncontrollably when a bottle of soy sauce I had carefully carried in my luggage from the U.S. to our overseas home (where soy sauce was not yet available), fell from the table and broke, spilling all the contents. I think it's very appropriate to grieve such losses, but one does have to eventually clean up the mess and move on!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((((Margaret))))) Oh, I can imagine how difficult that would be, knowing you couldn't easily replace it. I cried for not putting the pitcher in a safer place. I decided that maybe God was teaching me a lesson about letting things go. No, I don't think God wanted the pitcher to shatter, but I think He was taking something bad and making it for good. :-)

      Delete

REAL Apr 8-13

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake 3 1-mile walks this week. Sleep has been abominable with the heat....