Friday, July 29, 2016

Rethinking...

It's been a while since I've done any kind of food follow up. I've been depressed and struggling to simply not gain more weight. My sister pointed me to a post by Single Dad Laughing.

http://www.danoah.com/2016/07/apparently-i-cant-be-properly-proud-of-myself-yet.html

I've tried not weighing. I gained weight. However, now I have to consider if it was due to not weighing so I could keep an eye on it or due to other circumstances. I most often overeat when I'm overtired. I'm overtired a lot. I eat to stay awake.

I'm trying something new. I've filled my ALEP 2 mug with little notes, suggestions, like "Read a Chapter" of my current TBR. "Chocolate." I'm allowed to have it once in a while. "PT" Do physical therapy instead of reaching for food. "Bible." Read in the Bible. "Surf." Television. Yes, I'm giving myself permission to watch television but working to cut it down. "FB." Visit social media. "Email." Check my email. "Color." Use my colored pencils to draw in my art book. No, I don't have a coloring book. I don't like that much structure. I like to draw and color curves and swirls. "Sing." Yes, sometimes it's good to simply sing, but it isn't a choice I usually make. There are several others, but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

The project is to see if I can teach myself to be more aware of my wide variety of options for relieving stress, besides eating and sleeping.

The cup has been sitting on the shelf for five days. I haven't touched it yet. I haven't touched the chocolate sitting next to it either. Interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly