Saturday, November 5, 2016

My Heroes... Judith Robinson Braxton and Elizabeth Corbin Braxton

Yes, I combined them because they both were married to Carter Braxton.

Sadly, Judith died shortly after the birth of her second daughter, at 21, the same age as her husband. Both daughters survived to adulthood and married.

Elizabeth married Carter four years later. They had 16 children, some of whom died in infancy or as children.

I sometimes wonder if I would have survived such losses, and then remind myself I would have been one of those who died as a child. I'm only alive because of the wonders of penicillin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Good Friday

Jesus endured suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, an unjust trial, beating, flogging, a crown of thorns, a grueling walk carrying the cro...