Friday, June 18, 2021

FlyLady

Anonymous has left a new comment: Can you go over more about what specifically FlyLady taught you about things you love and like? 

I loved FlyLady's mantra: You are not behind. Start right where you are.

She sent email reminders, every day.

I enjoyed her, in the beginning. She taught me how to build routines that helped make many things easier to remember. The best part is that she started slow and small. She gradually added one thing to the morning routine. However, eventually, her routines became too complicated for me to follow. I'm able to do 3-5 things. More than that and I forget or get lost.

Swish and Swipe was an awesome shortcut. I wipe down the bathroom, every day, taking less than 5 minutes. Once a week, I do a more thorough job.

Shiny sink was great, except my dad invariably dirtied the sink. He'd have a snack in the middle of the night and leave the dishes in the sink. FlyLady advised cleaning the sink before bed so that you wake up to a clean sink. 

I finally discontinued the emails but still use many of the things she taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

51 . Operation Hero's Watch (Cutter's Code series book 10)  by  Justine Davis suspense romance. Yes, I've read it before. The au...