Friday, August 2, 2024

Brain Dump

Riddle me this: The local news said that the high was 116. My energy company, on my bill, says it was 108. Now, I realize the temp varies in the Valley, but what if the news is using the hottest spot in order to sensationalize how bad it is? They're saying it's the second hottest July on record, which goes back about 40 years. Why do I say only 40? Because they moved the gauge about 40 years ago. Yes, I remember when the move was announced and thinking that the new location was hotter. How can you compare when they aren't using the same location?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rings of Power Season 2 Episodes 4 and 5

Well, we stepped into Harry Potter with Tom Bombadill, who sounds and talks like Hagrid. The storytellers seem to have completely forgotten ...