Friday, September 20, 2013

Eating better... so far...

...maybe not.

I'm endeavoring to be more aware.

Herbal tea is a lovely way to start the day.

I have very little control when it comes to chocolate Halloween candy. However, I do pretty well with Dove Dark Chocolate, which I love. Is it possible for me to learn to control the Halloween candy intake? Or is it something I need to remove from my diet, permanently?

Including protein regularly throughout the day does make a difference.

I made a new batch of my hot chocolate mix: 5 cups of dutch cocoa and 6 cups of sugar. Blend and store in airtight container. Heat 1/4 cup of milk in cup in microwave. Add two heaping teaspoons of cocoa mix and blend. I have a cute little frother. Add milk. I usually add some regular milk and some coconut milk. Do not overfill or it bubbles over. Heat in microwave. Yummy. I also add a few marshmallows before the final heating. If I add too many, it bubbles over. Marshmallows do expand, even the minis. I also like to dip biscotti in it. Biscotti was made for cocoa dunking.

Hmmm... I actually seem to have more control when I know I'll be enjoying hot cocoa after dinner... coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly