Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Food tray is working... so far...

I think I've figured out how to make my eating habits work for me. I've created a food tray. It's actually a food storage container. I lost the lid. Don't need it. I fill it with crackers and cheese or crackers and peanut butter, an individual fruit container (right now I have applesauce), a fun-size bar (Halloween candy is cheap), a packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast, and a 100-calorie snack bag. It really does all fit, barely, without a lid. I am allowed to eat everything in the tray or nothing. It will be restocked for the next day.

Every day, I am able to make at least one meal without anyone looking over my shoulder. I endeavor to make it my main meal of the day. The other day, I cooked up pulled pork (Schwan's thaw and nuke). I served it over mashed potatoes (instant), along with a can of V-8 veggie drink (sadly, I don't think V-8 agreed with my tummy), and two freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies and milk (coconut and lactose free). I mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, scoop and freeze, then bake a couple in the toaster oven when I want cookies. Yummy.

A sandwich is usually a possibility for one of my meals.

I believe I mentioned this little habit last week. So far, so good.

I've yet to eat everything in the tray on any given day.

The adventure continues.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. I liked the sound of it when you first mentioned it, and I like it even more now that I hear it is working for you!

    I recently discovered single serving instant mashed potato packets, and need to invest in more of those. They are an excellent way to make up something quick, yet filling. I'm glad you have come up with some ways to make good meals without having to be in the kitchen a long time! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heart of those, Margaret. I'll keep an eye open for them.

      Delete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...