Monday, September 30, 2013

Carpe Diem... Dover...

NASCAR ~ Carl came in 35th. Eep. Broken rear hub did him in. He's now 11th in the Chase. Alas.

Writing needs to be done.

I've some work I've been putting off. I'll do it today.

Reading is always on the list. It's part of my job, like doctors going to conferences or teachers taking classes. I learn the most from reading: What I like and what I don't like. What works and what doesn't. Sadly, I've read several authors lately who showed promise, and then their heroines go and do something incredibly stupid, too stupid to live kind of stupid. I wonder what the writer was thinking to dumb down their heroine so severely. There are other ways to create conflict without making the heroine dumb as a box of rocks. Hmmm... bit of rant there. I was disappointed. There was such potential, and it was thrown away for a forced plot twist. I sincerely hope I don't make the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly