Friday, October 11, 2013

More experiments...

I think I've mentioned how before electricity, people didn't sleep eight hours straight. They had first sleep and second sleep. They'd go to sleep after the sun went down, wake for a few hours in the middle of the night, and then sleep until dawn. I'm going to try an experiment.

Wednesday night, I was asleep not long after six in the evening. I did not anticipate being woken at 8:30 to see if I was home. Ummm... yes. Awake is awake. Didn't beat myself up when I wasn't in bed by 8:30. It was too warm anyway.

Last night, I was in bed just after six, again. Again, noises in the rest of the house woke me around 8:30, but I didn't wake fully. I went back to sleep and slept until after 4 am. I gave myself permission to enjoy my warm bed for almost an hour.

This is going to be an interesting experiment.

I also read about how turmeric, or a component of it, decreases depression. I decided to give it a try. I use a little bit in one meal each day. Interestingly enough, I do not like the smell of it in the bottle. It smells kind of like dirt but not. Anyway, I do like the smell and the flavor once it's been cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly