Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Heroes... Chris...

Chris is one of God's special children. He's a bagger where I shop. He always smiles and greets me with a warmth and enthusiasm that touches my heart every time.

I confess, it embarrassed me and made me uncomfortable the first few times.

I got over myself and enjoyed my brief association with him whenever our paths crossed.

Not long ago, he crowed about his new adventure. He was moving to Oklahoma.

He gave me a hug goodbye and told me he loved me. He's a lovable person.

I went out to my car, put my bags in the truck, slid into the driver's seat, and burst into tears.

My shopping trips won't be the same. I miss him already.

Oklahoma, I hope you appreciate the treasure you're receiving.

God bless you, Chris. You're one of the best men I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

Dear Press: You may report the news, but to be honest I haven't heard you do much of that, not in a long time. What you have become is a...