Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Food Follow Up

I've discovered I like a piece of celery after a meal.

The Yehuda Matzos crackers, made in Israel, are delicious. It wasn't the cheapest. The one available the day I picked up the box was actually gluten-free, so not kosher for Passover.

It was crisp and flaky and satisfied my craving for a crunchy cracker. Yes, more expensive but not compared to potato chips or flavored crackers. There are 11 pieces of matzo in the box. That's 11 servings. Serving per serving, it is less expensive.

I don't feel guilty eating it like I do potato chips.

I could read all the ingredients and knew what they were!

I've discovered I like to have Carnation Instant breakfast, a Yehuda Matzos cracker, a mozzarella string cheese stick, and finishing with a piece of celery.

What amazes me is that I'm full to the brim, happily so.

I think I feel better, but it may be all in my head. We'll see over the next few months.

I also removed all mayo and mayo type products from my diet. After water, soybean oil is one of the top ingredients. So, I'm actually removing more soy from my diet. Even Olive Oil Mayo, soybean oil is listed before olive oil. I used to make tuna sandwiches so I could have mayo without feeling quite so guilty. How was I going to have a tuna sandwich now?

Considering that I always have heartburn after eating tuna, it wasn't a favorite. However, it was inexpensive, so I'd put up with the heartburn.

I made tuna with sweet relish. That's it. That's all. I used my homemade butter as a spread, my tuna/relish "salad," mild cheddar cheese, and a couple of pieces of Romain lettuce. Surprise, surprise. No heartburn. I surprised myself by craving a piece of celery to finish it up. I also enjoyed some hot chocolate and biscotti.

No heartburn. None. Happily full.

Could I really be on the brink of change?


2 comments:

  1. You've made some good discoveries! I know exactly how you feel about needing something crunchy for complete satisfaction. I'm a crunch lover, too. I've been on the search for a cracker that is diet-friendly but crunchy enough to satisfy me. The matzo crackers sound like something to look into, but I also found rice cracker I am enjoying a lot. They're only available in one place & I can only get them when we are in Wisconsin, so I have to be conservative in how I eat them so the supply lasts -- but eating conservatively is always a good plan, anyway!

    I've gained a few pounds back and now I'm having trouble getting back down again to where I was before so I can make progress once more in continuing to lose weight. I need to keep better track of what I'm eating for one thing (and try not to resort to stress eating!). I like how you have found successful substitutes for things you thought you needed but discovered they weren't the good choice you thought (like mayo), so looking at my diet that way could also be helpful.

    Go you! Hope that brink of change is imminent if you haven't already passed it!

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...