Thursday, March 17, 2016

Week 247 of REAL...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! If you want a short holiday read, try Tough Luck by Laurel Hawkes on Kindle.
 
REAL - Reduce stress Exercise Adequate sleep Lower caloric intake

What Navy SEALs are required to do to make it into BUD/S:
Right up front: Never in a million years could I do what is required. However, I needed to start somewhere. Considering how fit the SEALs are, I figured it was a good place to start. So my SEAL puppy reps (SEALp) consist of girls' pushups, crunches, and flutter kicks, a SEAL training basic. I started with doing one of each.  Since my accident I haven't done these, but I'm working to add them back into my routine.

PT ~ Physical therapy using 2-lb and 1-lb weights, alternating days.
UB ~ Upper body exercises
13 reps sometimes with weights.
Wall pushups
200 minutes

SEALFit shared some good hints I want to learn and remember:

11: 30 minutes. Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch.

12: 80 minutes. 2-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

13: Rest.

14: 30 minutes. 1-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch. 

1530 minutes. Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch.

16: 30 minutes. 1-mile walk. PT. UB. Stretch.

1730 minutes. Short walks. PT. UB. Stretch.

230 minutes

The first picture was taken in February 2012. The second picture was taken in June 2012. Inspiration, at least to me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Mar 11-16

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake This week's bit of extra was a bit of spring cleaning, dusting...