Saturday, December 17, 2016

My Heroes... Elizabeth Shubrick Lynch

Wow! I never heard this story! Elizabeth married her childhood sweetheart, Thomas Lynch, Jr., in 1773, after he returned from attending Eton and Cambridge, in England. He was elected to Congress to replace his ill father. They both strongly supported the cause, and he signed the Declaration of Independence. He'd suffered a fever, and his physician advised he takes break. He and his wife arranged to take a voyage to Southern Europe, in 1779, and were never heard from again. It's believed the ship went down with all on board, but they don't know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...