Saturday, February 4, 2017

My Heroes... Abigail Burr Hall

She married Dr. Lyman Hall in May 1752. The following year, in July, she died.

That's it. That's all the book had, except to mention her father.

How many people helped to build the future without being known? Not even by a name? I've worked on genealogy records, transcribing from handwritten documents to the computer. I lost count of the number of times I'd see "Wife" or "Child." No name. Nothing else. And yet, they left a mark on this world, however tiny.

Was Dr. Hall heartbroken by his young wife's death? He continued on, marrying Mary Osbourne, and making a significant difference in the future of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...