Friday, March 31, 2017

TBR

26. Whiskey River Rescue (Whiskey River series includes books by other authors) by Justine Davis is a contemporary romance. She does have bedroom scenes in her books. I love her characters and her stories. This is her newest release. I'm steadily buying her backlist.

27. A Lesson in Love! (The Macleans series Book 3) by Autumn Macarthur contemporary Christian romance. This one hit close to the heart on so many levels. I'm also looking forward to the fourth and last book in this series.

28. Twist of Fate (Holiday Romance novella) by Rachael Anderson contemporary Christian romance. Delightfully fun read.

29. The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald fiction. My second read by GM. He's a remarkable storyteller. His descriptions are poetic and absolutely captivating. He's definitely a must read for me.

30. A Warrior's Faith: Navy SEAL Ryan Job by Robert Vera, a biography. It's funny, heartbreaking, and uplifting. I underlined and starred bits that touched my soul. This made me laugh:

Ryan was proud of his slow and steady, "deliberate" pace. He once told me that he had the speed of an narcoleptic sloth.

It also told me that though Ryan didn't fit the "ideal" SEAL in body, he did in spirit, and in the end that's all that mattered. A keeper.


2 comments:

  1. I love GM's Princess books -- I think I own both The Princess and the Goblins and The Princess and Curdie. I need to dig them out and reread them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, I only have Kindle. I'd like to have paperback. I have Princess and the Goblin on my Kindle, waiting to be read. :-)

      Delete

REAL Mar 11-16

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake This week's bit of extra was a bit of spring cleaning, dusting...