Saturday, November 10, 2018

Laughter

After being ill for several days and still suffering from back pain, thanks to sleeping wrong and not giving myself time to heal, I'm feeling a bit better. I'm able to stay cheerful through a lot of misery, being sick and things going wrong. Unfortunately, I'm not as good at seeing the sunny side when my pain escalates beyond a certain level. I've lived with dull aches for decades. No big deal. Last week, I slept with my head raised a little too high; it stressed my middle upper back. Sometimes, I'm fine and don't notice it at all. Other times, it feels like an icepick in my back or a knife cutting me in two. My pleasant disposition vaporizes and rage roars in. The one blessing: No one is around to see it. I've eased up on my physical therapy and am gradually working my way back up again. Never underestimate the power of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...