Wednesday, July 28, 2021

TBR

71Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Love Your Mind and Create a New One by Dr. Joe Dispenza self-help. Fascinating read. I spent a lot of time adapting what he was saying in terms to which I better related. He provides a good step by step exercise for learning to meditate. I used it to help me improve my prayer time. I never used the recorded message for focusing on body parts, a way of turning inward, because my mind tends to wander when I'm listening to almost anything. Instead, I took the opportunity to offer a prayer of gratitude for body parts, which worked in well with my desire to learn to love my body; I've hated it all my life, which seems pretty silly and ungrateful when it's a God-given gift. When I chose a trait to focus on correcting I chose anxiety. It's a totally useless emotion, so I chose to give it to God and see what He would do with it. In less than a week, my anxiety was diminishing. Then in church, a gentleman talked about the Disciples being in the boat with Jesus asleep when the sea was raging. They asked Jesus, "Carest thou not that we perish?" In my head and heart I heard clearly, "Peace, be still." My anxiety is the wind and the waves raging around my little Gospel boat, the place I chose so I could be with Jesus, and He whispers to me, "Peace, be still."

72. Safe In His Arms (Life Unexpected series Book 1) by Melanie D. Snitker inspirational suspense romance. 

73. Marrying Mandy (Brides of Clearwater series Book 1) by Melanie D. Snitker inspirational romance.   

74. A Work in Progress (Faith Series Book 1) by Staci Stallings Christian romance. As always, I discovered new ways of looking at my faith journey, of strengthening it and expanding my love for Jesus. Though the characters were in college, I was still able to relate to them. Loved the new insights.   

75. Intuitive Eating : A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch self-help. It was interesting to see that I came to a lot of the same conclusions on my own. I was already implementing many of their suggestions. This simply gave me the push to keep going in the direction I was already headed. A few things provided clarification for me and have been helpful. Glad I read it and passing it along.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

51 . Operation Hero's Watch (Cutter's Code series book 10)  by  Justine Davis suspense romance. Yes, I've read it before. The au...