Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recipe request...

Buttermilk Syrup. My dad's sister shared this with him, and then he shared it with me, and I've adapted it to what works for me. I've no idea where it came from originally, I only know I LOVE it!

The recipe calls for a 3 qt sauce pan, but I know the one I use is larger. The stuff does bubble up, and I hate it boiling over.

I start by turning the pan on low heat because my buttermilk and butter are frozen.

1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter

Once thawed, add:

1-1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons corn syrup

I stir constantly.

Bring to a boil. Boil 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.

1 teaspoon vanilla.

Pour over pancakes. Yummy!

As for the pancakes, I've tried making my own from scratch, Bisquick, and Krusteaz. I like the Krusteaz. Even better, it's a just add water mix. Whoohoo! Easy-smeasy.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! The key to boiling anything like this is a pan that will let it boil up but not over! I had one like that in Pakistan, which I used for making -- you guessed it -- syrup. It was perfect. Too bad it's still over there, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flutterby, it's even better when it's yummy, too. :-)

    Margaret, I admit that syrup is the only thing I use this pan for! Isn't it weird that somethings we miss, when we leave a place, are so simple.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...