Saturday, June 5, 2010

Reading List #18 and bits and pieces...

Starting with the bits and pieces: I've loved eggplant parmesan, ever since I first tried it at The Olive Garden. Schwan's has a new dish using eggplant, and it's also delicious. I decided to try cooking eggplant myself. To put it simply: Never again. I'll eat it pre-prepared thank you. Now whenever I hear some nutrition guru touting not to use prepackaged foods, all I can think is that THAT is the only way I'll eat eggplant. Then I think of my raisins and dried blueberries, and they're pre-packaged. Speaking of which, I'm learning a lot about doing my homework before buying. Will the food keep? When I buy it, do I check the expiration date? I also compare prices. I was going to buy pickles and relish this week. It was in the ad at 3 for $5. Sounded like a good deal. Did my homework. Just a few weeks ago, I had purchased it at $1.49 each. I decided to wait. It's generally cheaper before a holiday in which hotdogs are considered traditional. Just as baking needs are on sale during November and December.

Still reading The Five Thousand Year Leap. Fascinating. And still I wonder who we've managed to allow ourselves to be drawn so far away from the Constitution. I've had enough and am ready to return to basic values and principles. I'm starting to make changes in my own life. I will not remain where I was. I will change, for the better, as I endeavor to seek more honestly God's path and how I fit into His plan.

Field of Danger by Ramona Richards is an inspirational suspense. It was definitely a page turned and had me cheering at the end of the story.

Bought: Damsel in Distress is a debut Presents by Lucy King. It fits the Presents formula perfectly, and with characters I truly enjoyed. She has another book coming out in a couple of months. I'm looking forward to it.

The Wild Marquis by Miranda Neville was intriguing. She explored the world of bibliophiles, in the early 1800s. I had no idea! She also has another book coming out in September, following one of the other characters in this book. I love related stories.

Honeymoon with My Brother by Franz Wisner was our book club read for this month. I appreciated the reminder to stop and think about where I'm going and whether or not it's really where I want to go, or if I'm doing what I think I should as opposed to allowing God to guide me.

2 comments:

  1. You inspired me. I already have a year supply of all my personal hygiene items. I'm glad you liked Honeymoon. I can't wait until Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help. I still need to collect things like dental floss, but I'm working on food stuff too, now.

    ReplyDelete

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...