Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thank Goodness It's Sunday #10... and reading list #17

~Thank God for the United States of America's military personnel and their families. Especially thanks to those who gave all.

~Thanks to PBS for broadcasting the National Memorial Day Concert to honor our service men and women and their families. The spirit required to serve as they do is unique and powerful.

~Thankfully, I'm waking up to what is important, what matters, what is of true value: Honor, courage, integrity, refusing to give up, respect, faith, hope, and charity...

~Thanks again to friends who are journeying with me on my adventure.

~Thanks FOX for broadcasting the Sprint Cup races! Unfortunately, the rest of the season will mostly only be on cable.

~And thank God for books! As always. I've decided to take the challenge are read W. Cleon Skousen's The Five Thousand Year Leap in 30 days. I've begun, and already find myself awed.

I've put away Sink Reflections. Maybe I'll pull it out again later, much later, but for now, I'm letting it go.

Harlequin reprinted one of Tara Taylor Quinn's early books The Sheriff of Shelter Valley. I love her characters, and stories. She "gets" being a survivor. She's been a major factor in helping me face the past.

I did a quick re-read of Lucy Monroe's Willing. And tried a new author but didn't keep the book, as it didn't prompt healthy relationships. I'm all too familiar with unhealthy. I read books looking for healthy relationships, in the hope I'll learn something, even if all that something is is hope.

I thoroughly enjoyed Donna Hatch's Queen in Exile. It's a fantasy romance, ie, there's magic and creatures not of this world. Donna is on my must-buy list. The tale was captivating, and I couldn't put it down until it was finished! Fortunately, I finished before today's race was over, so I could watch it. :-)

Abby Gaines has a NASCAR novella out, "Chasing the Dream." Abby is one of those who has fed my NASCAR passion, and she writes a great romance story. I love that she manages to keep them chaste in an industry that thinks chaste is out of fashion, without losing that chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...