Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sink Reflections...

As mentioned in my last post, I've endeavored to make a more conscientious effort toward readying myself for the day, starting from the inside out, all the way to makeup and hair. I'm noticing a difference, mostly in the way I feel. I've also noticed that I may start with everything, down to shoes, it isn't long before it all peels way, shoes first, then out of the skirt and into shorts that still match my shirt, the makeup wears off, the earrings and necklace are next, until all that's left from this morning is my hair pulled back. I don't feel guilty about it. Neither do I feel like I wasted my time by dressing up to start the day. It's a really good way for me to recognize it's a new day, with new possibilities. Am I ready to recognize those opportunities and gasp them with both hands? I'm working on it. I'd planned to take myself to breakfast, but first couldn't justify the expense when I had perfectly delicious pancakes and buttermilk syrup at home. Besides, for the cost of a meal I could buy one or two books. And I did. I considered how I could work the morning to my advantage and made some slight changes and found things worked better. Learning to step back and consider other options is a learning process. And I'm pleased to realize I am learning.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll make pancakes in the morning. Your mention of them lately has me thinking hungry thoughts of them. We have maple syrup given as a gift to use on them, and I'll put some almond flavoring into the pancakes.... Yum!

    A day-starting routine is good -- I think I should maybe review my FlyLady! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of suggestion... and there are still those that say advertising doesn't affect people.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly