Monday, May 10, 2010

Carpe diem... and reading list #11

I've been craving buttermilk syrup and pancakes, for a while. Today, I allowed myself the pleasure of cooking, while I did a little experimenting. The buttermilk syrup turned out fabulous, as always. Maple syrup no longer has a place on my breakfast menu. Why? When there's buttermilk syrup? I've enjoyed IHOP's blueberry syrup, which is, admittedly, quite yummy. But my first choice is buttermilk syrup. Have I mentioned that I like buttermilk syrup? And buttermilk freezes nicely, so I can buy a half quart, which is how it comes, and freeze it in one cup portions. Perfect. I tried Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancakes. Easy, add water, whisk, pour, and cook. Definitely a keeper. It made for a fun morning.

Yesterday, I started and, today, finished A Mother's Gift by Arlene James and Kathryn Springer. A couple of inspirational short stories that were charming and well suited to the holiday. I'm trying another new author, Debbie Mazzuca's Lord of the Isles. A time travel to the Highlands romance novel. So far, so good.

I've read another chapter of Sink Reflections. I dress to shoes because I'm going out for a walk first thing, but they come off as soon as I'm back home. FlyLady would be unhappy with me, too bad. My physical therapist was baffled as he tried different wedges under my feet, trying to find the perfect orthotics. He finally sat back on his heels, and stared at my feet. I tried not to be nervous, but the longer he stared, the more nervous I became, so I asked. "What's wrong?" He sighed, then looked up at me. "Your feet are absolutely perfect for you." I grinned. Wow, something about me is perfect. Cool. So, why mess with perfection? LOL! I'm endeavoring to remember to do the makeup and hair thing. I like it, but it will take practice. Fortunately, FlyLady is all for practice.

I've been listening to Glenn Beck for a couple of months, now. I consider him my voice of sanity in an insane world. He has encouraged me to think for myself, decide what I really believe, and read and learn. (No, he never suggested romance novels, but I like them, and because of him I'm reading a lot more books that aren't romance, now.) Usually, I feel like I've been walking around with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears while I do the la-la-la-la-la bit because I didn't want to know. Today, I realized I do get it, and I have been getting it for a long time. I just didn't realize it. He read a quote from one of the new "big wigs." It spoke of the importance of being a radical, and the ultimate example of radical behavior. Because it worked; the first radical got his own kingdom. Lucifer. How many times, particularly in the last few years have I listened to the plans of men to make sure everyone was all right, to make sure everyone was taken care of, to make sure everyone could be saved and found myself asking, "Who's plan was it to save everyone? Oh, that's right, it was Lucifer's plan." Every person on the plant voted not to follow Lucifer's plan. As Kelley would say, "You've got a body; you can't deny it. You voted for it!" Now, I watch in amazement at the increasing number of people who advocate and make decisions that suggest they're sorry they voted for Christ's plan. I've gotten it for a very long time; it's simply that now I've found someone else who also gets it but was saying it differently, and there are a whole bunch of people who also get it. I want more choices. It's what I voted for, from the very beginning.

On a final fun note, I found the following quote by Debbie, from Clearwater FL, on an almond Dove Promise: Whistle while you work. It blows the dust around.

4 comments:

  1. The final quote is great. I am sorry I can't whistle very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glen Beck -- my hubby listens to him regularly, and so, of course, I have to listen, too. ;-) He seems to see very clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder I like your DH. Smart man. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Easter is coming.

Celebrate with a story. The Blessing Basket The thirteenth novella in the series. Welcome back to Holiday, USA, small town America, where no...