Monday, August 9, 2010

Carpe diem... vacation is over...

So, laundry is done, both loads. I know, the horrors of being single. All the laundry... two whole loads, until next week. I enjoyed the clean house while it lasted. Catching up on some reading. I'll do the next TBR list later this week. I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe this week that was absolutely deadlicious, as in don't ask for the calorie count, between the butter and the chocolate chips... just sayin'. I also made Cowboy Coffee Cake, as muffins. Thank goodness for the freezer. I've worked on a couple of projects. Gradually reading through the candidates' statements published by the State, for the primary election coming up. Wrapping up work for a client who's moving at the end of the week. Less money, more time for other things. Feeling productive.

4 comments:

  1. Cowboy cake as muffins! Holy cow! (....Kathy scuttling off to make them...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Enjoy. Anytime I've seen this recipe made, on a cooking show, it's always as a muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes it cowboy cake? I know I could look it up... just lazy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Not the question I expected! I always wondered why it was called Cowboy COFFEE Cake when there was no coffee in it, until I discovered it was meant to be served with coffee. Why it's called Cowboy, I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out. Now, when I've seen this made on various professional cooking shows, it is not Cowboy Coffee Cake, it is a Crumb Muffin because of the crumble topping.

    ReplyDelete

Exactly