Monday, August 2, 2010

Carpe diem... catching up...

Thank goodness it's Sunday (a day late) and what a week it has been! Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain.... Lots of it. I thank God for watching over me. The grass has been growing like crazy. My allergies have left me sleeping a lot. Blessedly, today, it's starting to dry out again, and I'm feeling better. So, what have I learned? Though I have thought about living someplace greener, it seems I'm consigned to the desert. I'm so grateful for A/C making this desert more bearable.

I've accomplished several things this week, sorting through the hundreds of books in my personal library, sorting them in alphabetical order because I'm tired of looking for books I can't find because I don't know where they might be at the moment. I've caught up a bit on reading. I've worked on some other projects. I shut off my computer for the weekend because of all the thunderstorms. It worked out for the best, since I slept most of the weekend. It was terribly unsettling to experience that sensation of trying to breathe water instead of air. We actually had humidity as high as 97%. A month or so ago, we had a record low humidity of 2%. Amazing. I'm feeling much better now.

Pancakes are a buttermilk syrup delivery system. Really. I tried them without syrup, and they're okay, but not out of this world, so I'm cutting back on the pancakes, though not cutting them out. Sort of neither here nor there type thing. That being said, I'm enjoying a variety of other foods, and taking time to prepare healthier options than I have in the past. And I've cut back how often I eat and feel much better.

Sunday afternoon was spent in conversation, and it was eye-opening and fun. My younger brother, his wife, and their daughters stopped to visit, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Congrats to Carl for Top 10 finish in Nationwide and #3 in Sprint Cup, even if I did have to wait until today to find out. The news did show Kurt Busch's crash as well as Elliot Sadler's. Thankfully, they're both okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

I have the right to defend myself, but you don't have the right to defend yourself. I can do insider trading, but you can't. I have ...