Monday, August 16, 2010

Carpe diem...

Laundry, of course, was done. Pancakes and Chocolate Chip Cookies, compliments of Joanne Fluke's yummy recipe, were baked before eleven o'clock in the morning. Catching up on reading. Worked on a project and did a little homework. Didn't do some things, but okay with the decision to wait a little longer.

Glenn Beck as started a morning devotional with prayer and a scripture, and David Barton offered the prayer and scripture, this morning. I'm so glad they've arranged it so you are able to listen to it later since they broadcast at 7 a.m., that's 4 a.m. my time, and honestly, I'm not awake, usually, at that hour, at least not if I can help it. They're adding to my studies on honor. One of David Barton's scripture references was from Proverbs 22:4 ~ Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor and life.

Am I humble? I've always had the feeling that if I ever answer 'yes' to that question, then I'm not. That being said, I've also been taught that if one is teachable, then one is humble. I try to be teachable... but now I'm back to my first thought, how do I say yes without sounding arrogant? :-)

Do I fear (love) the Lord? I must remind myself that when the Bible was translated, back in 1611, to fear the Lord meant to love the Lord. Following the teachings of Christ would be a way of showing my love. I recognize that I'm no where near perfect, but I want to believe that I am trying to follow the Savior, a day by day effort.

4 comments:

  1. I would call you humble. Acknowledging truth does not make you unhumble. It makes you honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy. I think part of my struggle is knowing that I am all too capable of being arrogant, so now I'm endeavoring to learn to be aware when I cross that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect that is one of those things we must do for ourselves, with a leaning toward the Golden Rule.

    ReplyDelete

TBR 2024

41 .  Not Dead Yet ( Guardian series Book 6 )  by  Traci Hunter Abramson suspense romance.  42.   Secrets of St. Augustine (Sinister Secrets...