Saturday, August 14, 2010

TBR #27

Read the last four books of Justine Davis's "Redstone Inc." series. Loved it so much, I hunted down every book in the series and bought them all. One of the used books had a bit of the smell of cigarettes about it, so it's sitting in a plastic baggie with some ground cloves. Cat litter is another good odor remover from books, but I enjoy the clove smell. Justine Davis is a must-buy writer.

Not Your Average Cowboy by Christine Wenger was all right, but I didn't love it.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke: The murder mystery was typical. The recipes included, between chapters, were outstanding!! I'm trying to decide if I want to collect the series for the recipes alone.

The Russell Twins duet, Charlotte's Homecoming and Through the Sheriff's Eyes, by Janice Kay Johnson, painted an interesting contrast in personality.

Teresa Southwick's The Nanny Network included three books. I've chosen this author before because there are things that make me laugh, but it no longer enough. When I find myself looking for other things to do besides read I figure it simply isn't holding my attention.

And FINALLY! Chivalrous Captain, Rebel Mistress by Diane Gaston. THIS IS WHY I LOVE ROMANCE NOVELS! Ehem. Sorry, couldn't help but shout. Diane has an amazing gift. I know she works hard at making sure the historical details are accurate. She also possesses a good understanding of human nature and relationships. Add to that, she doesn't write the typical Regency Romance between the Duke and the society miss. Diane's heros/heroines aren't the typical rich enough to not have to worry about money; in this story, the hero is a second son and the heroine is the daughter of a tradesman (not good ton). The only complaint is that the next book doesn't come out until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly