Saturday, November 14, 2015

Praying for Paris

Sometimes, FB drives me crazy. I hate being manipulated. FB changes its algorithms on a regular basis. People I see on a regular basis disappear, and I have to hunt down their page to see their posts. I click on "notifications" and I'm taken to pages FB thinks I might be interested instead, guaranteeing I will not like the page, ever.

However, as news broke I searched for information and ended up at FB. People there shared what they knew. Some were watching the French news station. Others had access to tweets from people who were inside; victims begging for help and sharing what was happening at the moment.

Person after person after person, famous and not, posted support for Paris.

As much as FB annoys me with their interfering, I am so grateful there's someplace I'm able to connect with the world in an instant. Thank you to all the people who shared what they could as quickly as they could to keep us all connected.

Stories of the heroes are starting to come out. One of the men who escaped from the concert grabbed a teenage girl who was bleeding badly and took her with him. He escaped outside, put her in a cab, and told the driver to take her to the hospital.

Some of the concert goers escaped to the roof. A man in an adjacent apartment allowed them into his home through the window.

How many more stories are there? Will we hear them all?

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...