Friday, October 14, 2016

Brain Dump

Dear telemarketer/political person/faux charity/free stuff,

It wasn't a good idea to interrupt me during a deadline. I'm snarly with those I like. They know it and tend to steer clear. You didn't have a chance. I'm quite proud of myself for not snapping your head off, though you may have felt like I did from the tone of my voice.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different (it will be better you say) is the definition of insanity. I left the state of insanity a while ago and never looked back.

For the record, I'm working to improve. You may not appreciate my efforts as I say, "What? I can't hear you." Or "Would you spell your name for me? I want to be sure I have it right when I report this unsolicited call."

I don't have it in me to do what one man did. He created a CD on ways to mess with unwanted phone calls. The funniest was the carpet cleaners. He exclaimed how thrilled he was they'd called because he really needed to clean the blood out of his carpet. The company hung up on him, and not long after, the police arrived at the door. Once the police stopped laughing, they advised him to choose his words more carefully in future or better yet simply hang up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...