Saturday, April 21, 2018

Frustration...

Yes, I've been battling it. Some "altercations" on social media where others twisted what I said and took offense at their version of the truth. It's insane.

A prologue in which the author had me smacking my head at their... what's the word? They left their van in a disreputable neighborhood and, within thirty minutes, it broken into and all their valuables stolen. They were shocked. Why? Really? How did they not see that coming? I'm not sure I want to read the book. It's not a good sign when you start by questioning the intelligence of the author.

I discovered that the soy-free protein powder Quest uses Stevia, an artificial sweetener. Yes, I think soy is better for me than artificial sweeteners, and soy isn't good for me.

The weather is warming up. I want more cold weather. I live in the wrong part of the country.

Teachers here are striking for more pay. The taxpayers voted to sell land, sell bonds, and raise taxes to give raises. When I asked where the money went I was told it went to buildings and administration. Now the teachers are going to punish students and taxpayers because the upper echelon appears to be lining their own pockets, figuratively speaking. Whatever the excuse, the money didn't go to teachers like the taxpayers were told it would. I asked why wasn't the union bargaining for better pay and holding the upper echelon accountable and was told that the union was pouring money and effort into organizing the strike. Wait... what? That doesn't even make sense. Without accountability, nothing will change.

Don't even start me on unions. I worked for a great company that treated its people well, and then the union insisted on horning in. They stole money out of my pocket, calling them dues, with no return value. "I do not like them, Sam I am." ~ Dr. Seuss

A bit of good news: The social media account breach of millions of users? Yeah, I missed it. I don't use APPs. Go me. Taking the good news where I can find it.

I'm experimenting with milk that is processed so that it can be kept on the shelf for a few months. I used it in a Betty Crocker S'mores mix. I can't tell the difference. A good idea for food storage, though careful rotation will need to be observed.

My brain is empty now. Blessedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly