Saturday, June 30, 2018

TBR

61. Rip Van Winkle and the Pumpkin Lantern by Seth Adam Smith fantasy. Mr. Smith gave the Rip Van Winkle story his own twist, interwoven with elements from several fairytales. An enchanting read and added to my keeper list.

62. Code Name: Johnny Walker: The Extraordinary Story of the Iraqi Who Risked Everything to Fight with the U.S. Navy SEALs by Johnny Walker and Jim DeFelice nonfiction. What a fascinating and inspiring book. I appreciated the opportunity to read about the war in Iraq from the point of view of an Iraqi fighting for his love of his country. I have it as an ebook, but I'm buying it in paperback as a keeper. There is some language, typical of most military books I've read.

63. Here for You Always by Margaret O'Neil contemporary romance. Some language and steamy scenes. I enjoyed some of it and wanted to skip parts of it. The story kept me engaged, but I'm not interested in reading another.

64. Temperance's Trial (Episode 1 of the Virtues and Valor series) by Hallee Bridgeman World War II romance. Hallee uses real WWII heroines as her inspiration for this series. Hallee's books are on my Must Buy list.

65. Homeland's Hope (Episode 2 of the Virtues and Valor series) by Hallee Bridgeman World War II romance. Hallee uses real WWII heroines as her inspiration for this series. She relates the real story of the heroine who inspired the book. This would be a great miniseries. The books really are episodes of an interrelated story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...