Wednesday, May 10, 2023

TBR 2023

41Operation Mountain Rescue (Cutter's Code Book 12) by Justine Davis suspense romance. Team Cutter help Brady and Ashley. Yes, I recently re-read this one, and I'm reading it again. It has a special place in my heart. 

42Operation Whistle Blower (Cutter's Code Book 13) by Justine Davis suspense romance. Parker helps Team Cutter and Carly.

43Operation Payback (Cutter's Code Book 14) by Justine Davis suspense romance. Team Cutter help Tip and Kayley.

44Operation Witness Protection (Cutter's Code Book 15) by Justine Davis suspense romance. The newest Team Cutter story, adding Case and Terri. It was enjoyable re-reading the whole series all at once, the progression and growth of the characters. Why I love JD's books: Her characters are brave, no matter how messy life is; they stumble and make mistakes but work to become better people. I want to be more like them. I do wish the Foxworth Foundation existed in real life; I know a lot of people who could use their help. I can't be Foxworth, but I want to be more helpful. Following Mr. Fred Roger's mother's advice to look for the helpers; I want to be one. For those who don't like bedroom scenes, there are a few and easy to skip over.

45The Fiction Kitchen Trio Cookbook by Sarah M. Eden, Sian Ann Bessey, and Traci Hunter Abramson. Fans wanted recipes for some of the foods they described in their books, and these romance authors obliged. They started a FB page where they had bake offs and fans voted on their favorites. The recipe book finally became a thing, and each recipe is accompanied by a short excerpt from the book in which it's mentioned. I enjoy books by each of the authors. The first two I've read their short stories in the Timeless Collections. Traci is my favorite with her suspense romances. I want to try a few of the recipes, like homemade cream of mushroom soup, tuna casserole though I want to use chicken instead of tuna, and a cherry cobbler, to start. Fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

51 . Operation Hero's Watch (Cutter's Code series book 10)  by  Justine Davis suspense romance. Yes, I've read it before. The au...