Wednesday, January 31, 2024

TBR 2024

6I Know What I Love You Means (Love series Book 1) by Staci Stallings contemporary Christian romance. Glad I waited to read Book 1 until I had Book 2 so I could read one after the other.

7. Moving Mountains (Love series Book 2) by Staci Stallings contemporary Christian romance. I gained so many insights into my own life, the past and the understanding I need to change to move forward. I need to better cling to God and more diligently seek His guidance. I've wanted to move the mountains in front of me but didn't believe I really could. God can.

8. Parenting with PTSD by Joyelle Brandt and Dawn Daum nonfiction. I would not recommend this book for everyone. The essays recount abuse some consider too difficult to read. I skipped some. I did read the journal writing prompt at the end of each, though some of those I also ended up skipping because they did not apply to me. I've never had children. The authors suggest reading "The Body Keeps Score," but I will not as I know it includes experiments done on animals. No. Just no. 

9To Bring You Back (Rhythms of Redemption series Book 1) by Emily Conrad Inspirational contemporary romance. I read it last August but skimmed it again in preparation to read book 2. Redemption and learning to live again are the main themes. 

10.  To Belong Together (Rhythms of Redemption series Book 2by Emily Conrad Inspirational contemporary romance. Trusting God and His plan, believing one's value is in Him alone, is the central theme and one I needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TBR 2024

51 . Operation Hero's Watch (Cutter's Code series book 10)  by  Justine Davis suspense romance. Yes, I've read it before. The au...