Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Heroes... Thomas Jefferson...

I knew most of what I read in Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence.

I did not know Thomas Jefferson married a 23-year-old widow. She was so young to be a widow.

One of my favorite quotes is Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff141347.html#epDmaRYvItP6Vjfw.99

I thought his choice of epitaph interesting: Here was buried Thomas Jefferson, Author of the Declaration of Independence, Of the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, And Father of the University of Virginia.

Because I have been willing to question, I've discovered lies I held as truth. With God's help, I've ripped them from my life and replaced them with truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exactly