Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Exploring naturopathy...

I visited at homeopathic school, recently. They handed out some information and a few samples. One was a Wellness Packet by Metagenics. I'm not into taking vitamins, though I do use EmergenC once in a while. Vitamin C is something I have trouble acquiring from my food since it tends to cause some stomach problems.

They also offered a sleep aid called Calms Forte. It's a pill form of a few herbs, one of which is Chamomile. I tried it once and thought it helped, so I tried it again. It didn't make any difference at all. I think a cup of chamomile tea would have been more effective.

SEALfit advised a breathing technique I'm exploring. Breathe in through the nose to a count of 4-5. Breathe out through the mouth to a count of 8-10. Coach Divine suggests doing this for 5 minutes. I'm able to manage 1 minute. I console myself that I'm able to do it 5x a day. Voila! 5 minutes. He also suggests doing it for 90 days. So far, I've managed to do it for 6 days, and then I forgot so started over.

I've been using my ceiling fan a lot. Yesterday, I turned it off for a short time. The room grew uncomfortably warm. However, if the room is comfortable, I'm happier without the fan. The moving air is distracting. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

It's difficult to celebrate a day started by a man who murdered his girlfriend and composted her. Really. Not a person follow, in any wa...