Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Impossible...

Joel Runyon posted this over on his blog:

http://impossiblehq.com/concerning-real-life

I was one of those naysayers he was talking about. I still don't believe I can make it doing what I want to do largely because I've been told all my life I can't. And I've yet to see evidence to the contrary.

I was told to stop reading horse stories and read something else. I wasn't interested, so I stopped reading. I was told to stop writing animal stories and write something else. I wasn't interested, so I stopped writing.

In both cases, no one questioned why I stopped reading or writing stories.

How incredibly selfish on the part of those telling ME what to do.

Their demands were never about me.

Now, I'm struggling to reteach myself, with all the love and care I deserved from the beginning. I may be starting late, but it's definitely better than not starting at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REAL Apr 15-20

REAL -  R educe stress  E xercise  A dequate sleep  L ower caloric intake Trying to walk 1 mile 3x a week. Only made it twice this week. The...